Friday, April 18, 2014

He is Alive

The first person that Jesus appeared to after He arose was a Woman, Mary Magdalene.  Some say she was a prostitute, we know that Jesus cast demons out of her, but really she was just a woman who was not perfect.  A humble woman who loved Jesus.  In John 20:17 she thinks she is speaking to the gardener, but no could it be?  She was speaking to Jesus.  

He tells her not to "cling" to him or touch him because He had not yet ascended to the Father.  What He was about to do was the ulitmate offering.  As a sacrifice the lamb had already been slaughtered, He had already spent three days in the grave (Hell) and was now about to take His place as High Priest making a New Covenant with the Father.

In Hebrews 9:11-15 Jesus came as High Priest into the Heavenly Sanctuary, the perfect tabernacle which was not made with human hands.  He came not with the blood of goats or calves but with His OWN blood.  He entered the Most Holy Place once and for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

He did for us. He poured His perfect spotless blood on the alter to cover all of my sins and transgressions.  He did it so that like Him my blood too could me made clean.  He did it so that I would have the opportunity to be worthy of coming to Him boldly in the throne room of grace.

He paid it all!
He is Worthy of it all!
He is the King of Kings!
He has defeated death & hell!
He has won the Victory!
He did it all for Me!

I owe Him everything.
That's why I worship Him.
That's why I serve Him.
He is my King.
He is Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment