Thursday, June 28, 2012

We Were Made to Worship

 This is what God says, 
   the God who builds a road right through the ocean, 
   who carves a path through pounding waves,
The God who summons horses and chariots and armies— 
   they lie down and then can't get up; 
   they're snuffed out like so many candles:
"Forget about what's happened; 
   don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. 
   It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, 
   rivers in the badlands.
Wild animals will say 'Thank you!' 
   —the coyotes and the buzzards—
Because I provided water in the desert, 
   rivers through the sun-baked earth,
Drinking water for the people I chose, 
   the people I made especially for myself, 
   a people custom-made to praise me. 
 Isaiah 43:16-21 


Most of us learned in Elementary school that an atom (which is the basic unit of matter) is made up of 2 parts: the nucleus which is vibrating at the center and the electrons which are spinning around with a sort of vibration.  

We also know that sound is made up of vibrations.  So it should make perfect sense that when God spoke and created Earth it was so!  

 Isaiah 43 Mentions many of the things our God has done for his people and hints of even better things to come, but most importantly in verse 21 it tells of how God chose us and custom-made us to worship Him!   Do you see it yet? God created Earth and at the core of every little molecule is sound (well vibration) and then He specifically says that He created us to worship Him! 

Worship should be more than just a few songs that we sing on a Sunday morning or Wednesday night.  Worship is in the center of our being.  Psalm 34 should be something that we live by "I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise  shall  continually  be  in my mouth."

In everything we do we should give praise and the glory to God! 

In 1 Thessalonians 5, Paul writes to the people of Thessalonica about Jesus' return and exhorts and encourages the people saying in verse 16 "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

Jesus himself said,  "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.  God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:23, 24 NKJV)

In my life I want to be one of those that God the Father is seeking. I want my worship to be true, from my heart to my King's feet.  I want there to be more of Him and less of me. 

In that (this) day I want to be ready and waiting. I want my worship (our worship) to help usher in the presence of Almighty Jesus.  I want there to be nothing in my life that would hold back the move of the Spirit and the "better" things that He wants to do in these last days.  I can't wait for the day when "every knee" will bow to worship the King!

The Lord  will be  awesome to them, For He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth;  People  shall worship Him, Each one from his place, Indeed all the shores of the nations. (Zephaniah 2:11 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment